02 marzo 2013

My interview about Beppe Grillo on BBC Profile

At the beginning of March I was interviewed for the BBC program called "Profile" about my experience of being kicked out from the Movimento 5 Stelle by Beppe Grillo for my appearance to the popular talk show on the italian national television "Ballarò".
You can listen to the full podcast by clicking on the link at the bottom of this BBC page.



 [...]
Journalist: "He's also been attacked for what critics claim is his autocratic style. At the end of last year, Federica Salsi, a counselor for the Five Star Movement in Bologna, was frozen out of the party when she ignored Beppe Grillo's orders for his representatives to stay off TV."

Federica Salsi: "I went to a talk show, it's very popular on italian television. The transmission went well, but the next day Beppe Grillo published a post on his blog entitled 'The talk show kills you'. Grillo used a very strong language with precise sexual references to criticize me as a person and not the political content of my speech."

Journalist: "After her appearance, Grillo took... named comments which led to accusation of chauvinism. Federica Salsi says she felt humiliated."

Federica Salsi: "I was mortified, he has shown himself to be a victim of the Berlusconi culture; he was very unpleasant, chauvinist like the others. He talked about about me not like a politician, but like a woman and he was very degrading."

Nessun commento :

Posta un commento